cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
miloofcroton
Level 1
1 0 0 3
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Any plans to create an Elite x3 for Android?

HP Recommended

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I couldn't find any others that would've sufficed.

Basically, Android is by far the most dominant OS and for good reason. It's the most customizable, the most powerful, and the most potentially secure if you lock it down. It also has the best interface in my opinion, but that's of course a personal preference.

Android's recent updates provide extra business-like features that I would think HP would like to sell to its business customers too.

Anyway, I love HP hardware. They have the best mix of power (not just CPU power but a well-thought out design with lots of battery life) and build quality. I've never used the x3 personally, but I can imagine if it is comparable to the other HP products that I own.

Lastly, there are no American OEMs making Android smartphones! I guess I will grant you that Google literally just started, but I would prefer a third party hardware solution. HP, tackle this market please!

5 REPLIES 5
rfsolive
Level 2
30 29 0 1
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hp Slate 6 Voicetab is Android phone, but runs 4.4.2
0 Kudos
JimRoberth
Level 2
8 7 1 9
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As HP Elite X3 owner,  It is really annoying to deal with Windows phone, It is not so mature for this phone hardware which I consider one of the best of the market so far. It is really a real pain to deal with it, not intuitive, lack of apps and so on.

As a customer,  I'm not satisfied with Windows Mobile Phone, HP People should offer to install android as alternative for users wich no use Advanced features all the time.

Hope Hp takes my feedback as input

haitiman
Level 3
19 16 0 21
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm bailing out. I was hoping that Microsoft was planning to release a full version of windows for this device and so far, all I have gotten is excuses and poor software updates that don't seem to make phone more usable. Microsoft... You had your chance to make a great product with hp, but you blew it releasing this garbage of an operating system. I'm root the phone the moment a good version of android becomes available for elite x3
CleanSys
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 Mobile are only supported until 2018 ends. 
Windows are going to replace windows 10 mobile with Andromeda OS. 
And going to work on android devices (not windows phone devices).

When that happends I don't know.

So yes, HP are I'm sure coming with some kind of device for Andromeda OS.

/Thomas

0 Kudos
haitiman
Level 3
19 16 0 21
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Anybody hear anything about android coming out for the elite x3? I would love to turn this brick into a device my kid can use instead of letting it sit on a room collecting dust.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation