cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
clangton
Just joined
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Change font size on Desktop

HP Recommended
I am unable to read the text on the Palm Desktop Notes, etc. without putting my head into the screen. Is there anyway to change the font size?

Post relates to: Zire 71

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
palmowner
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am surprised that the font size cannot be changed. THIS NEEDS TO BE CHANGED!!!
0 Kudos
davidyglesias
Just joined
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I called support and I was told there is an external magnifying device that can be purchased and used with the Treo.  I just cant read the darn thing in bright daylight, especially in the car.  I tried searching for this on google but no dice.  Has anyone heard of such a device?

I have also thought of purchasing this voice camand software so at least I can sefely make a car while driving, but not sure if it works well?
the premier Treo™ voice dialing application for the Treo™ 700w, Treo™ 700wv and the new Treo™ 750v smartphone. Learn More
$24.95

If anyone has tried this or found a solution please let me know.  At least I could read my Blackberry...

Thanks
0 Kudos
davidyglesias
Just joined
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I purchased Voicedialit and found it to be a total waste of money. Does not work at all. Anyone found how to increase text size? If I do not find an answer I am going to have to switch back to Blackberry or Iphone.
0 Kudos
gaaryg
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too purchased Voicedialit and I could not agree with you more, it is a total waste of money.

It is very hard to train, most of the time when instructing it to voice dial it dials the wrong number.

I have the Centro (with Sprint), and what I don't understand is why Palm treats this particular phone like a stepchild.  They have voice dialing software for every one of their other phones but one has to use 3rd party software to obtain that functionality.

These phone are supposedly "smart phones" if they're so smart why don't they have voice dialing built into them?  Instead one has to purchase a separate software program.

Post relates to: Centro (Sprint)

0 Kudos
Morrison-Lives
Level 2
16 16 0 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Using "regedit" I was able to change the font size larger for use with the Palm Desktop software.

Run "regedit" and export (save) a backup copy for safety
    File  >  Export  

Search for "FontSmall"
    Edit  >  Find  >  Find what  >  FontSmall

Click on FontSizeGeneral and change the "Value data" to 16

Exit "regedit"

Run Palm Desktop software and enjoy the new legible font size!

Notes:
  1) The location of the Palm Desktop software on my system using "regedit" is:
        HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\U.S. Robotics\Pilot Desktop\Core
        * Your location of the Palm Desktop software may differ.

2) I tested this on monitors using resolutions of 1280 x 1024 and 1024 x 768
        The font size is noticeably readable and much, much better

3) You may also change the font family from the default (Arial) to another, such as Verdana, etc.
        FontCard    (Changes the font family in the side panels)
        FontGeneral    (Changes the font family for most of the program fonts)

4) Operating System: Windows XP Pro
        Palm Desktop v4.1.4

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation