cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Amplemann
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Financial calculator won't accept initial input (behaves as if it is in sleep mode)

HP Recommended
HP 17bII+

Recently purchased a new HP 17bII+ financial calculator to replace my previous HP financial calculator that I used for 12 years. I am very familiar with this model, albeit an earlier generation. Frequently when I enter a number for a calculation  the display remains blank.  I have to press the keys a number of times in order to activate the device.  I know that it is not a key problem, because it happens whenever the unit is idle for a period of time.  Once it has been activated, it works flawlessly.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks

Amplemann

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
BartdB
Level 9
971 954 119 186
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Interesting behaviour. I have not noticed it on mine, but then I only do occasional calculations on it - switching it on then doing a caculation and switching it off again.

Have you tried to reset the calculator?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bpia5291

Regards,

Bart

-Bart
Level 5
167 141 11 12
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This can be effect of bad connections somewhere inside the unit, so

-check voltage of the batteries

-check the batteries for leakage and corrosion

-check the contacts inside the battery compartment for corrosion and loose connections

-chech the screws which tight the the body of the unit if they are fasten enough.

If the above not help dissassembling the unit and looking for bad connections or corrosion inside can be necessary

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation