Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Windows 8.1

Hi! Today morning I was using my tablet while it was charging in its dock, as I needed to plug a SD memory card I unplugged the tablet from the dock (it was about 80% charged) and plugged in the battery-case (it's an accesory that came with the tablet that has a SD port) as soon as I plugged the tablet into this case it turned off and it haven't turned on since.

I've tried to:

* Unplug the tablet from any device and press down the power button for 20, 30 and 60 seconds (with and without the volume buttons).

* Plug the tablet into the dock and try to turn it on

* Plug the tablet into the charger and try to turn it on

Also, when tha tablet is charging on the dock it shows a red light if it's not fully charged, then when it is 100% charged it shows a white light. When it turned off and I plugged it into the dock the light was red, about 10 or 15 minutes later the light turned white but the tablet still doesn't go on.

As you can tell nothing has worked 😞 This tablet was bought last year but it was almost new (few uses) until my cousin gave it to me for christmas so there's no chance of warranty 😕

Thank you very much!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Charge it for an hour or two. Press down the power button and hold for 10 seconds; only the power button. Then, a single click on the power button and wait for it to boot up. If it still got life in it, it will boot up in about 20 seconds. 

To boot into the firmware menu, press Vol Down button and hold, then power button, release power button, and continue hold Vol down, until machine boots up. If you have recover media ( available for purchase from hp), you can try restore it to factory default via USB.

Best luck . 

HP Recommended

It was a problem of mine too until I sent it to warranty and they said, that my motherboard is defective, so I have to change it. For me, there is no solution unless this.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.