Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Anyone figure out this crap yet?  I've tried everything except a fresh installation.  Windows Update method fails.  Update Assistant fails.  Using the Media Creation Tool to upgrade fails.  The only thing I haven't tried yet is a fresh install from a thumb drive created with the Media Creation Tool.

Obviously, a fresh install wiping out my current installation is less than ideal.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Why was my post removed???

HP Recommended

@jgtown

I don't know what is your HP Stream 7 but most likely it is similar to the following machine

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04529142

With 32GB of storage it probably failed on any updates after a while.

>>> The only thing I haven't tried yet is a fresh install from a thumb drive created with the Media Creation Tool.

That is one way many people have to do.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks but that doesn't seem like a legit reason for failure.  My other 32 gig systems updated fine and the update system prompts for additional storage if needed.  Maybe the storage requirements aren't configured correctly on this update.  I'll try taking up more space on the device and see if it triggers the prompt for additional storage.

It seems like at least one of my machines has trouble every time Microsoft pushes a big update.  This time it's the Stream 7.  😛

HP Recommended

Well, that didn't prompt a request for additional storage but it did trigger a BSOD. :rolleyes:

On the plus side, Windows Update seems to have given up and no longer spends an eternity downloading and processing the 1803 update.  Just doesn't show up anymore.  So...Solved?  🙂

HP Recommended

I believe the fresh install is likely needed since you cannot get Windows to see the mSD card as system storage.  If you move ahead with the fresh install here is a good (successful) guide on the steps.

https://www.windowsobserver.com/2018/05/01/hp-stream-7-and-the-windows-10-april-2018-update/

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.