cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mjlee22
Level 3
25 14 4 3
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I migrate from Palm TX to another PDA?

I could not find this problem addressed here, so my apologies if I missed it.  I started with the Palm Pilot almost since the day it was invented.  I still use a Palm TX, but I just migrated to an iMac with OS X.  So I can't use Palm Desktop anymore (sob).

Two questions:

1.  What other PDA can I migrate to, if any, where I can transfer my data over and hopefully still use a stylus? 

2.  If there is no such PDA and my best option is an iPhone, how do I transfer my data to that?

I waited for the Palm Pre, but the screen is too small for me to use.  Also, it is not clear to me that I can transfer my data to that platform.  I'm talking about maybe 7 years of data that I want to keep, especially since I made extensive use of memo's.

Thank you for ay help you can provide!

-mj

Post relates to: Palm TX

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
havarott
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have found the Janam company online. (www.janam.com) Their units are pricy, but they are new. This company specializes in a different clientel than the Palm company did, so their units are very tough, and much more expensive. My best guess as to the high cost would be that they make much fewer units than Palm did. This is your only hope. I have been stuck where you are now for 2 years, and the iPhone, Pre, Pixi and Blackberry do not follow the core functionality of the device you now have. Buying a used Palm device on Ebay is also another option. I have realized that the Palm company simply abandoned their core users in trying to gain a firmer market footing via new users and teenagers. This is a hard truth, but one that I increasingly find everywhere I look. If things get any worse, I'm considering going back to the paper day planners !!
0 Kudos
mjlee22
Level 3
25 14 4 3
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the pointer to janam.com, but it appears that they do not support Mac OS X.  So I really need to migrate from Palm to a new platform, I just don't know how to do this and preserve my data.

Should I repost my request as a new topic?

-mj

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation