Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi I'm really struggling with my new HP Split x2.

When I detach the touch screen I get an error message.

What do I need to do to safely detach it, it implies there is an icon or a button but other than the release button I can't find it.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, Sarah.

There are more than one-dozen models that match your "HP Split x2" description. Although I don't own any of them, I'm responding with some general guidance since I noticed you've been waiting for most of a day for a reply...

The System Tray portion (at the far-right) of your Taskbar contains a small icon ^ which allows you to warn the tablet so that you can "Safely Remove Hardware..." which are shown in the list of devices.if the keyboard is listed there, that's probably a safe way to remove it. My intuition tells me that you could also safely attach/detach the components after you Shut-Down the tablet. Since Split models contain a supplemental battery in the keyboard section, it is important to always follow the recommended procedure to avoid damaging either component

HP pre-installs user guides and tutorials on the hard drives of their products which generally provide answers to the kind of question you've raised; you'll find them in the "Apps" section from your Start screen. You can also find the latest documentation on your specific product by selecting the "Support" link at the top of this page, and following the prompts to download documentation for your specific model.

If you're still stuck after checking the user docs. — c'mon back here & someone will attempt to assist you further; we'd be even happier to have you report that your issue is "Solved" and to learn the details...

Good luck!

HP Recommended

I can't believe HP makes ZERO attempt to be helpful.  They are slowly and steadily building a heap of consumer resentment.  Surface has a video showing people how to detach, but not HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.