Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
15-cc553cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Apps from the Microsoft store are not downloading on my laptop
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lpendleton

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to download the app from the app store. I would like to help you resolve this issue.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

When did this issue start?

Did you any hardware or software changes?

Meanwhile:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

I would suggest here is to run a Windows update troubleshooter, If you’re having problems with Windows Update, make sure you're connected to the Internet, and then download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter for your version of Windows.

For more details, please follow this link.

I would suggest please update the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
The laptop is brand new. Just opened the box.
HP Recommended

@Lpendleton

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand the issue better now.

Eager to know, did you try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the above post.

If not, follow the below steps to fix the issue:

Method 1: I suggest you to make sure if the following service is started in Services.msc

•  Press Windows+ R keys to open Run Window.
  • Type services.msc and hit enter

• Make sure the following service is set to Start and Automatic.

• Background Intelligence transfer

Method 2: Also, run the following command in run Window.

• Press Windows + R keys to open run Window

• Type wsreset.exe in Run window and hit enter

Now try to download an app from Windows store and check.

For apps issue :

Run the following powershell command:

1. Open an Elevated Powershell prompt by pressing the Windows Key, typing Powershell, then pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter
  2. Paste the following command into Powershell and execute it:
  3. Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.