cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jmyfly
Just joined
2 2 0 0
Message 31 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Notes in contacts display incorrectly since 1.4.5 update

Me Too!!  Been dealing with this for a long time.  It's getting annoying.

0 Kudos
predeluge
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 32 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If it helps to get this fix prioritized higher by Palm (er, HP), I will chime in with: "me, too... please fix this bug ASAP... using the notes section in contacts is a pain in the neck since Palm rolled out 1.4.5 update with this bug."

I encourage others who are experiencing this problem to post here with same.

##

* Yes, I know there is a work-around to click "edit" to view the notes, but not only is that slower and takes me extra time, as other posters mentioned, that very action introduces the potential of accidentally irreparably editing content in the notes section. So yes, it can be done. So no, I don't want to have to keep doing that.

* It is now two and a half months after this bug was identified, and this should have already been fixed. Even with the lengthy process of having to test, go through carriers, etc.

* I echo what a previous poster said: There is nothing in the 1.3.5 release that is as important to me as having my notes display properly.

Palm/HP, show you care about your users, and please fix the bug that you introduced in the 1.4.5 update.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RichC2
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 33 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This flaw has been going on for quite a few months now ... any updates on to how or when we'll see a fix? It's a bit irritating since I use my 'notes' frequently and would appreciate having the correct formating back. (any user fixes in the meantime)

0 Kudos
Level 8
2,374 2,354 96 63
Message 34 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Palm does not post target release dates.  The software is posted for download/install when it's ready.  I know how you feel.  This bug drives me nuts too.

That said, I don't see Palm releasing a webOS 1.x release with webOS 2.0 looming large on the horizon here in the US.  (webOS 2.0 has already been released in France on the Pre 2.)

Alan G

0 Kudos
HMo
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 35 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Was this fixed with SFR's webos2.0 on pre2?

0 Kudos
Level 8
2,374 2,354 96 63
Message 36 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't know.  Anyone have a French Pre2?

Alan G

0 Kudos
debjo18
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 37 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Me too!  I am a brand new user (only had the phone about a week) and noticed the issue right away as I too use my "note" in the contacts.  When I first saw the text, it made me feel like I was looking at my old word perfect program on my Kaypro!!  (dating myself).  I discovered the work-around, but not cool as I also don't want to accidentally compromise the contact by accidentally changing something.  I didn't realize until reading this thread that it once was NOT a problem - you know how updates go.

Palm, please fix this issue - if it has been already resolved in version 2.0, then please get that to the people soon.

0 Kudos
Tama_1
Just joined
2 2 0 0
Message 38 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have this problem. It's most annoying to have to "edit" to see properly formatted notes.

0 Kudos
twizardt
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 39 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ive had the same problem for months, and unfortunately Palms time with me is almost up. Sad, Ive been with them a long time. If I here " in the coming months" one more time....

0 Kudos
TroonRoad
Just joined
6 4 0 0
Message 40 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If Palm doesn't fix this in 60 days, I'm off to the iPhone. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation