cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tasman27
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Palm Desktop program starts in Media, can't find Address Book

HP Recommended
Palm Tungsten E2
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Not sure what happened but I sync'd my Tungsten this morning and went to check the Address Book but it wasn't there! The details on the sync said it updated all the catagories, but the desktop sync program defaults to open in Media....nothing shows any other catagory.

I sync the Palm from a cradle that has a USB into the desktop. Everything was working fine the last time I sync'd it. Not sure what has happened.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Taz

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
WyreNut
Level 15
16,215 14,975 1,036 2,075
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

See if this post can help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Palm-and-WebOS/Palm-Desktop-6-2-2-Win-8-shows-Media-and-Install-TRY-THI...

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Tasman27
Author
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks...that did the trick altho it still opens in Medai, I can see all the file folders and that's what I needed!

TAZ

0 Kudos
Tasman27
Author
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Actually, I found the setting in the preferences so it's set back to Address Book as a default so all is well!

Thanks!

Taz

0 Kudos
tglovesca
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed the tips to set Properties to run as Administrator and Palm now appears to open with all Addresses and Contacts.

My guess is that a change occurred in my settings when I installed HP Photo Creations today.  Just a guess that there was a consequence to Palm Desktop based on Photo Creations.  It could have been a coincidence of timing.

Otherwise, I have no idea why Palm would suddenly behave differently.

0 Kudos
Arthur-c
Retired
Retired
1,330 1,319 54 97
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation