Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x2 - 15-c001dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hallo,

i'm finding way to migrate from HDD to SSD. But havent found how to make it.

The idea was to
1. make recovery in HDD to SSD
2. then replace to SSD and run recovery

SO i started factory reset through Recovery Manager. In the end when recovery was alreayd in win8 and started sysprep. I've found an idea to install Win7 via changin bios usb3 options to usb2. So i've quited sysprep. The idea to change bios to usb2 failed. So i ve returned to recovey mode.

But it says only
Restoration Icomplete
please select the following buttons
save log, details. Retry.

Retry dont help...

Any ideas? how can i start Recovery Manager from the beginning?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@serzyx

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand you are attempting to migrate/move the recovery manager to an SSD instead of the HDD,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you know HP doesn't support or recommend such changes to the computer as the Recovery Manager is encrypted into the partition?

That said, I recommend you contact a local tech to help you with this service as you may do it at your own discretion,

however, please keep in mind that making such changes to the recovery partition may void the software warranty of the PC.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, i understand tha i will lose warranty.
Is there any solutions to send REcovery Manager to the begining?

HP Recommended

@serzyx

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I mentioned HP Doesn't support making such changes,

However, Personally, I suggest you remove the existing HDD, Make use of the recovery media (Click here to obtain, if you don't have one), and install it the OS on the SSD, then connect the HDD to use it as an external storage.

This may or may not work and for any advanced steps/troubleshooting, I recommend you Contact HP or a local tech to help you out.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.