cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SLATE 7 battery issue / empty within 24 hrs

Hello,

I just received my Slate 7  - working well but one major issue:

If I do NOT turn it complety off - the abttery is diss-charging strongly , even everything is turned off ( No Bluetooth, no wireless, screen off, airplane mode ON, etc..) - But after one night 50% of the battery is gone ???

Is this an issue with my device only ? I mean I have another android Tablett (10") and there, like with any Smartphone, if I dont use it over night but leave it ON it uses 1-3% of the power and not 50% .....

Turning teh Slate 7 completely off is hopefully not the answer/solution by HP as the startup of my Windows Laptop then is faster than of the tablet.....

Thanks for ny inputs, comments ..HELP !

BR

Silversurfer

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Level 12
5,112 4,680 226 562
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi and welcome to the HP Support Community.

My Slate does not seem to lose power as quickly.  However, here is an earlier thread which discusses the issue.  

One user's findings/conclusions are that if Wi-Fi is turned off, it keeps the Slate from going it deep sleep where would drain power more slowly.  So try leaving Wi-Fi turned on.

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Slate 7 at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The most straight forward fix for the batt drain is just to leave WiFi turned on, no matter what. ( it worked for me).
I agree it is a ridiculous fix, it is a inefficient compromise which I hope HP support will quickly address with a system update.
eDTan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
410 394 23 135
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mine drains more quickly when I allow certain apps to update automatically. I suspect that it may be worse with wi-fi turned off; I know that with a phone, if it polls for a signal and can't find one, it may keep trying all day and drain the battery very quickly.

You may wish to keep an eye on the battery monitor to see exactly WHAT is using the most battery power. For me, it was Google Maps. I uninstalled updates and disabled the app (I can always undo that - there's no deleting built-in apps, anyway). My battery lasts much longer, now.

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
425 408 49 137
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

an OS Update to 1.05.8 has been released - one of the fixes is to correct the battery draining while in standby issue.

Please update to this version and let me know if there are still any problems.

(If it in't pushed to you yet, go to Settings, About Tablet, System Updates, and click on the "Check Now" button)

thank you for your patience with this one.

I am an HP employee

-Bryan
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. My Slate battery used to last at least 3 days on idle, but now uses 80% of the battery overnight on idle. I have checked that nothing is running in the background and I have updated to OS 10. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 397 984
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi worthka,

I understand you are having problems with the battery life on your HP Slate 7. Can you please let me know the exact model number of your Slate 7? This will allow me to see if there are current updates, software and drivers available for you.

I will watch for your reply.

Thank you,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I buy 2 HP Slate 7 tablet (2800 model). They very quickly discharged in standby mode.  Wi-Fi is turned off and app not installed. What to do?

Screenshot_2014-01-22-14-41-22.png

20 hours 29 minutes in standby mode 89%.

0 Kudos
Level 2
Level 2
28 26 0 7
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Jollyseam,

battery draining is known issue. To fix that try to update your tablets to latest firmware version (1.05.14 or 1.05.10) which could be available by OTA (over the air update) when you check updates in your tablet's settings (Settings/About tablet/system updates) or downloadable directly from hp support site (download drivers section)

Also, please remember that battery drain is done by apps working in the background. What I did to limit battery drain was to remove some widgets working in the background and by disabling unnecessary applications which could work unwanted. My Slate 7 can standby even over 2 days now.

I did:

- remove google News and Weather widget from homescreen

- disable (Settings/applications/all): GMAIL, Google+, Maps, Talk, TalkBack

This is what helped in my case.

Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Even my HP Slate 7 Voide tab stopped getting charged. I have tried with the original HP charger and other universal chargers but of no help.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation