cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
psmith999
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Tab fails to connect to internet

HP Recommended
hp slate 5 voice tab ii
Android 4.4 KitKat

The tablet detects the home wifi network and shows a strong signal, but when trying to connect it simply reports the network as 'saved' but will not connect, even using the wifi protected setup button. There is no password on the network and all other devices - laptops tablets and phones - log on without any problems.

A possibly related problem is that when visiting a cafe offering free wifi, the Slate failed to even detect the network despite activating the scan function.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 454 848
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @psmith999,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that your Voicetab is having trouble connecting to your WiFi network, and other networks you have tried. I am happy to help with this.

Please post the full product number for your VoiceTab; as well please verify the OS version you are using.

HP and Compaq Tablets - How Do I Find My Model Number?

For now try a hard reboot, and see if that works. Press and hold the power button for more than eight seconds. After the tablet fully shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then press the power button to turn on the tablet.

Then try looking at the following page: Connect to Wi-Fi networks - support.google.com/android-one

If the network help does not work for you, then I would suggest you do a factory reset of the tablet.

HP Tablets - Performing a Factory Reset on Your Tablet (Android KitKat, Jelly Bean)

I hope this helps, and if it does help resolve the issue then please mark this post as a solution.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
psmith999
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks so much - that did work, eventually. The hard reboot didn't change anything, and nor did the factory reset the first time I tried it. Then I removed the SIM cards and tried again, and the second time it worked. I have no idea if doing that was significant, and the only difference, obviously, was that I skipped the section referring to the SIMs during the reset process. Anyway, it worked, so thanks very much.

The device is a HP Slate 6 6300nn Voice Tab II, running Android version 4.4.2, P/N J7Y38EA#ABB.

0 Kudos
psmith999
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, although the factory reset worked, it only worked until I left the house and the home network, after which the Slate reverted to its previous behaviour. Doing it again worked, this time until I switched off the device to ensure it would work on a restart, which it didn't. So it will be going back to HP under warranty.

0 Kudos
ramesh17
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Tab fails to connect to internet in hp printer

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation