cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tonja1Nation
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Trying to install android or preware

HP Recommended
Hi, I'm new here. My name is Tonja. I recently bought my bosses hp touchpad which she rarely used & never updated. I learned the hp app catalog no longer exists & in order to download/install apps from google play I need to install Android, or, install preware for their apps. I downloaded the novacomm installer on my pc, but, when I try to run it it says it can't open the files. I'm thinking it's because, apparently java isnt compatible with browsers Firefox, Chrome, or, new Edge. Can someone advise me, please? Thank-you, much 🙂
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Happy_Person
Level 4
136 133 2 15
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is a guide to installing Preware:

http://pivotce.com/2014/10/21/guide-coming-back-to-webos-in-2014-part-1/

It assumes you are using a windows computer with java installed.

The webOS Quick Install program can install Preware and should include the novacom drivers to connect to the tablet.

0 Kudos
Tonja1Nation
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank-you, so much!
0 Kudos
Tonja1Nation
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Will this still work on a tablet?
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation