cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ddemerchant
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tungsten E and GPS help

I have a Tungsten E that I'd really like to set up with GPS capability.  I'm finding conflicting info on the web.  I was hoping to be able to use it with a Delorme BT-20 GPS receiver, but I'd be happy with any solution at this point.

Can anyone please tell me if there's a way to get my E to work with GPS?  My ultimate goal is to set my Plam up to work with IntelliGolf software and a golf GPS.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Level 15
16,145 14,906 1,029 2,048
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tungsten E and GPS help

The BT-20 is a BlueTooth GPS.  The E does not have a BlueTooth radio in it...  No go.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
ddemerchant
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tungsten E and GPS help

Thanks WyreNut.  Are there any options available to me to make the E GPS capable?

0 Kudos
Level 15
16,145 14,906 1,029 2,048
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tungsten E and GPS help

None that I'm aware of.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
Level 12
5,109 4,677 226 562
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tungsten E and GPS help

In addition, decent stand-alone GPS units are getting very inexpensive these days.  Even if there was a wired receiving device/cradle available for the E, its functionality wouldn't be worth what you'd spend in comparison with just getting a new GPS unit.  And any software which would even run on the E would be old with very outdated maps.  For example, the last version of TomTom Navigator for Palm that was compatible with my TX and the Palm GPS Car Kit, was Navigator 5 and the maps were already dated when I bought it 4 or 5 years ago.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation