Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Compaq Evo Notebook PC n110 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So, i needed a PC to check on some specific remote applications, found this HP Pavilion x2 Detachable 10-n110ca with Windows 10 and 32GB eMMC.    FIrst thing out of box, windows 10 reuires update for SERIOUS updates.... well, not enough space. Been trying to fuss with it all day, still need to free up 1.22GB to have part 2 complete. I have run disk cleanup.

I am not a PC guy, always been Mac, so please walk me through this.  Surely this unit is not a brick!

Thanks, Bruce

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@bardic

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand there's low disk space and updates aren't going through,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you try disabling unnecessary applications or feature to create free space?

While you respond to that, here's what I recommend you do:

Follow the below steps to resolve Low Disk Space issues: 

• Run the Disk Cleanup tool, and then at the bottom of the window that pops up, click on "Clean up system files". Check everything, hit OK, and let it run. You will free up several GB for sure. 

• Another thing to do is disable hibernate file. Run CMD as Administrator, and type the following: 

• powercfg hibernate off 

• Enjoy your extra space! 

For a related link on HP Forums: Click here (Though the header/title may be different, the steps will help resolve your concern). 

Resolving Low Disk Space Errors: Click here  

Keep me posted,

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, cleared bout 3GB space but when running the CMD i get the response:

Unable to perform opertaion.  An unexpected error (0x65b) has occured.  Fuction failed during exectution.

Still stuck.

Thanks Bruce

HP Recommended

@bardic

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad we have recovered 3GB, that said, we need to have the Hibernation turned off to save more free space,

And only an administrator can change that setting, please ensure you are turning on the CMD with administrator,

Right click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator.

Or we could disable it through Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings\Change advanced power settings:

Disable Hinbernation

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.