cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
janmayen
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

authentication problem

HP Recommended

I have purchased a used hp touchpad for my son from my brother, it is in good condition and has been little used. our problem is that when we try and connect it to the internet we get a message telling us there is the following problem. the message reads "authentication problem" it gives us no further details. i have checked the password and user name for our isp and these are correct. our isp says the problem is with the i pad and not them, the thing is we are now at a loss what to do becouse the message makes no sence to us becouse it does not elaberate i have included for following about the model.

android version 4.0.4

model number cm-tenderloin

kernel version 2.6.35-palm-tenderloin

cpu armv7 processor rev 2(v71)

i dont know if this helps, as i said our problem is getting this connected to wi-fi internet i just do not know what to do next and would be gratfull for any assistance. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
WyreNut
Level 15
16,216 14,976 1,036 2,076
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We don't offer official support for Android on a TouchPad here, sorry!  The device came supplied with webOS as the operating system, and Android was "hacked" onto the device by someone else.

(I do enjoy the same hack on my two TouchPads!)

Does it work correctly when you load webOS?

I'd suggest rebooting both your router and the TouchPad, then try again to connect.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
janmayen
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
many thanks for your reply i think we will be going back to the seller rebooting has not worked
0 Kudos
psyetr1979
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
When I try to load webos I get a screen lock pin and don't have a clue as to what the pin is
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation