cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tmercado
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

broken lcd display

HP Recommended

My tablet has a broken lcd display and now blots are starting to appear and spread. was wondering how much and where can i buy the replacement for the screen. Also, will or can the blot affect other components inside the tablet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,969 41,846 4,651 12,425
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I believe that you may mean Slate 7 2801. 

No it won't damage anything else as long as you don't let moisture touch the screen or damage it further.

Do a search on Google or Bing for replacement Touchscreen digitizer for HP Slate 7 2801 to find an online vendor of a replacement touchscreen digitizer.  Otherwise you can contact HP to arrange to have it done, at a cost,  since it was customer induced (inadvertent or not) damage. You can find the screens for around $50.00 USD if you search diligently enough.  You will need a thin spudger tool to replace the touchscreen digitizer and adhesive strips to hold it in place. There are some tutorials on the web that show how this is done, but you will have to search for them. 

I am not an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Tmercado
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the tablet is Hp slate 2801

Tags (1)
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,969 41,846 4,651 12,425
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I believe that you may mean Slate 7 2801. 

No it won't damage anything else as long as you don't let moisture touch the screen or damage it further.

Do a search on Google or Bing for replacement Touchscreen digitizer for HP Slate 7 2801 to find an online vendor of a replacement touchscreen digitizer.  Otherwise you can contact HP to arrange to have it done, at a cost,  since it was customer induced (inadvertent or not) damage. You can find the screens for around $50.00 USD if you search diligently enough.  You will need a thin spudger tool to replace the touchscreen digitizer and adhesive strips to hold it in place. There are some tutorials on the web that show how this is done, but you will have to search for them. 

I am not an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

javedisaac
Level 2
21 11 0 2
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi sir i have HP Elitbook 8460p Not Book Pc 

Here i have som issu that my screen desply some time seen as like borken here are screen shot 

IMAG0228.jpg

these problem are mostly occour in windows 7 and when i have install windows 8.1 pro than this error mostly low when system video driver updated with windows then it mostly increase now i have uninsalled the graphic driver and now this error occor low so if you have best solution the tell me

Javed Isaac From Pakistan

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation