Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Just joined
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

converting from palm to windows (outlook)

HP Recommended
I currently have a palm tungston running palm.  I just bought a palm trio 700 WX smart phone running windows.  How do I convert my old palm data to windows?

Post relates to: Treo 700wx (Verizon)

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Just joined
5 5 0 0
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Your new Treo must sync to Outlook.

Change your OLD Tungsten to sync with Outlook, be sure to configure the conduits as to how and what to sync.

Palm® Support Knowledge Library article 25263 "Switching between Outlook and Palm Desktop synchronization" will help you.

Then just install the new CD and Hotsync.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
2,400 2,318 140 228
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
If you don't have your cd you can also download the latest version off of palm's website and get the conduit switcher built into the install. The latest version can be found here http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/win_desktop.html After you install the latest version just go to start/all programs/palm/pim conduit sync/sync with outlook. Sync your device with your conduits set to handheld overwrites desktop to ensure your data is not lost during the transfer. Once your data is in Outlook. You can install the software that came with your 700wx and it should sync fine to your Outlook profile.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will Outlook Express work? or do you need just Outlook.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
16,182 14,943 1,033 2,063
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JWalter300 wrote:

Will Outlook Express work? or do you need just Outlook.  Thanks.

Sorry, they are very different programs.  Has to be MicroSoft Outlook to work.  :smileysad:

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had to reinstall Palm Desktop 4.1.4 and have not been able to reestablish hotsync to Outlook instead of Palm.  The old link posted in this thread no long is active to change from Palm to Outlook for Hotsync.  I do not see any options as you described to use the soft switch to change this function.

Thx in advance,

Les

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The soft switch doesn't exist in older versions of Palm Desktop.  To switch the direction of the sync to Outlook, you have to re-run your installation disk, and look for the prompt "Sync with Palm Desktop or Outlook?"

WyreNut

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just did reinstall of 4.1.4 from download at Palm, do I need to uninstall and reinstall since I did not see this option the last time I installed today

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A T|E should work fine with version 4.2 of Palm Desktop.  This version has the switch.

You can download it from my "Manual" link below in my signature.

WyreNut

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I want to go from Outlook to Palm DT; do I first need to uninstall Palm DT or can I simply do a reinstall over the top of the old installation?  Also, will my Tungsten E work with a newer version of Palm DT?  The Tungsten E support page only gives ver. 4.1.4 as the most current version.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation