cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BigRed77
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

device cannot start code 10

HP Recommended
HP Pro Slate 10 EE G1
Android 5.0 Lollipop

CS HS teacher trying to figure out error.  Have HP Pro Slate 10 tablets and cannot get driver to work.  Receiving "Device cannot Start" Code 10 error.  Tablets are Android and I did find one driver for them.  Devices worked before, but I imaged the computer lab and now they do not work.  Any help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
WyreNut
Level 15
16,229 14,989 1,038 2,090
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the Forum!

What driver are you trying to "work"? What does "I imaged the computer lab" mean?

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
BigRed77
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I used ghost to image my computer hard drive (just copied the hard drive to the other machines).  It just makes a copy of the computer on the others, shouldn't be related to the issue.  Anyway, I used a driver I found off of a site: 

http://gsmusbdriver.com/hp-pro-slate-10-ee-g1

Hp did not supply a driver for android's on their site.  After added it shows up in the Device Manager, but it does not work.  I get the cannot start message.

0 Kudos
WyreNut
Level 15
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please explain what your intended goal is!  Driver for what purpose?  

Are you trying to connect the tablet to a PC for file transfer?  Normally, no drivers are needed!  Check your settings on the tablets.  Go to Settings/Storage/<options icon, top right corner>/ USB computer connection.  See if "MTP" is checked.  Plug in the tablet to a USB port on the PC (avoid using a USB hub).  If MTP doesn't work, try checking PTP.

If it worked before, but not after images were loaded onto the PC's, then that seems to point to the problem... Try plugging a tablet into a non-imaged PC.

There are many free wifi transfer apps in the Play Store as a possible workaround.

WyreNut

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
BigRed77
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help, but I've tried on other non-imaged computers and the driver still states "Device cannot start Code 10."  I'm trying to connect my HP tablet to my PC via USB for Android Studio.  It does not read the device.  USB debugging is enabled and tried both MTP and PTP transfers.

0 Kudos
WyreNut
Level 15
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What OS is on the PC'S?

Have you tried disabling USB debugging, and using the tablet in the "stock" mode?

How about performing a Factory Reset on one of them?

This is all I could find in the User Guide (The two "Notes" are interesting...)

Transferring files

NOTE: On select tablets, an external storage location, such as a microSD card or cloud storage, must be available before you can transfer files between your tablet and a computer.

NOTE: On select tablets, USB tethering must be turned off before you can use a USB cable to transfer files between your tablet and a computer (see Activating tethering or a portable hotspot (select tablets only) on page 10.

1. Connect the USB cable to your tablet and to a computer.

2. Select how you want your tablet to appear to the computer.

a. Swipe down twice from the top edge, and then touch the Settings icon .

b. Under Device, touch Storage, and then touch the Menu icon .

c. Touch USB computer connection, and then select how the tablet appears to the computer:

● Media device (MTP)

● Camera (PTP)

3. Transfer the files using the computer file management system. Your tablet appears as a drive on the computer. You can copy files back and forth as you would with any other external device. Refer to your computer’s documentation or help for more information about drives and file management. When you have finished transferring files, disconnect the USB cable.

WyreNut

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation