cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Karlheinz
Level 1
8 5 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

fingerprint logon with Elite X3

HP Recommended
HP Elite X3
Other
I tried all possible. Procedures to get the fingerprint stored on my elite X 3. Mobile phone. Which has a Microsoft mobile Windows operating platform. When the fingerprint its required to the sensor that does not seem to react to any placement of the finger on the sensor. All recent updates have been installed. Has anyone got any ideas? Thank you very much.
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisT
Level 6
Level 6
559 528 28 100
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please make sure you have the most recent software/firmware: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05204282

If you are still having issues, you may have to use the Windows Device Recovery Tool to reinstall the OS.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12379/windows-10-mobile-device-recovery-tool-faq

-Chris

I work for HP.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Karlheinz
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Tried both without any joy.
ChrisT
Level 6
Level 6
559 528 28 100
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

One last thing, please check the HP Diagnostics:

All Apps > HP Mobile Hardware Diagnostics > Tests > Fingerprint

In either case, you may have to call HP for support.

-Chris

I work for HP.
SergioV
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Having same issue here, is there any solution ? 

i have checked the fingerprint reader on the Diagnostics app and it says that "execution passed", so it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue. 

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation