Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I bought my TP used and the PO neglected to delete his webOS account.  Is there a wayto delete it or to start over?

Post relates to: HP TouchPad (WiFi)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Go to the "Settings" tab, and pick the "Device Info" app.

Tap the "Reset Options" button, then choose "Full Erase". This will put it back to the out-of-the-box condition, and you can set up your own account.

WyreNut
-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
Go to the "Settings" tab, and pick the "Device Info" app.

Tap the "Reset Options" button, then choose "Full Erase". This will put it back to the out-of-the-box condition, and you can set up your own account.

WyreNut
-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended
Hmmm. I suppose it reverts back to the original version of webOS also. I had just done an update.
HP Recommended

@ram1009 wrote:
Hmmm. I suppose it reverts back to the original version of webOS also. I had just done an update.

Nope... webOS updates are permanent. Full Erase only deletes personal data. the webOS version will stay at the current version.

HP Recommended

@Ridius wrote:

@ram1009 wrote:

Nope... webOS updates are permanent. Full Erase only deletes personal data. the webOS version will stay at the current version.

What about an Android install?  Do you know if it gets blown away?

HP Recommended
Depends on how you install it. If you are careful and follow the right instructions, it does NOT remove webOS. It installs Android next to webOS, replaces the Bootloader, and gives you the options to choose during each Boot.
HP Recommended

Ridius wrote:
Depends on how you install it. If you are careful and follow the right instructions, it does NOT remove webOS. It installs Android next to webOS, replaces the Bootloader, and gives you the options to choose during each Boot.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I think you may have misunderstood my question.  I'm wondering if my Android installation will be deleted if I "start over" with webOS as you have instructed.  I currently have the dual boot install you describe. 

HP Recommended

Gotcha. As long as the Android files are on a seperate partition, Full Erase shouldn't touch 'em. You should be just fine.

HP Recommended

@Ridius wrote:

Gotcha. As long as the Android files are on a seperate partition, Full Erase shouldn't touch 'em. You should be just fine.

FYI, I just deleted the old account and started over as instructed and the Android installation appears unaffected.

HP Recommended
That's great! Just a heads up for any future problems. If you ever have to run the webOS Doctor recovery tool, that WILL wipe out your Android install. Just make a note in case you ever need to use that tool.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.