Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Just joined
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 29
Flag Post

invalid argument encountered in address book

HP Recommended
I just installed Palm 6.2 on my windows Vista machine (b/c of an upgrade to a treo755p). In the address book when I add a new entry (click on new address) or try to change preferences (click on tools, preferences), I get an error message box pop up. It says "An invalid argument was encountered" In both cases, I can click ok to go on, but don't know what is wrong.

I searched the help forum for "invalid argument was encountered" and did not find a posting yet. Thanks in advance.

Mitchell

Post relates to: Treo 755p (Sprint)

0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I just ran across this same problem on Windows Vista.  Some Address Book entries allow editing while others return the error "Invalid argument encountered in address book."  There is no consistency or pattern that I can see.

I have reloaded he Palm 6.2.1 Desktop software and te same error occured.  Palm 755p Verizon.

Can someone please advise/help?

Thank you,
Steven
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Ok, same problem using windows vista and a treo 755p. Only my problem is with the date book. I get the same error message "an invalid argument was encountered" and then this error will close the palm os desktop.

Can anyone help out with the problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm having the same problem (Treo 670 and Windows XP).
We need Palm (or Access) to fix this, but my experience has been that they are extremely slow at fixing this kind of bugs.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Same problem with desktop Access 6.2.2 and Windows XP.Problem encountered making new address. HELP...........
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Same identical problem - Windows XP Service Pak # 3 and Palm Access 6.2.2 with T|X.  When is Palm going to fix this problem or address it publicly?  There are a preponderance of posts on this very subject confirming incontrovertably the existence of the problem?  Why is a company of this stature avoiding customer satisfaction issues that are CLEARLY going ignored?  Do they believe they have a captive audience?  Clearly, NO.  Yes, I'm on a rant, because I do this type of work for a living; this behavior is inexcusable.  Time for some letters to regulatory agencies.

Post relates to: Palm TX

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
1,145 1,145 24 35
Message 7 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Palm does not own Palm Desktop and has no legal rights to make modifications to it. The owner is Access Company of Japan.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended
That is true but NOT particularly helpful. Is there a patch For this or anything to address it. I have the same problem and can only edit information on my handheld. It sure would be nice to work on the PC when I am sitting at it!

Post relates to: Centro (Sprint)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
1,145 1,145 24 35
Message 9 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended
If all the users with Access Desktop issues laid on thick directly at Access, perhaps they might finally realize the magnitude of the problems with the Desktop they delivered to Palm.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Did anyone ever resolve this?

Post relates to: Centro (Sprint)

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation