cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tucker522
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

system disabled error 55182705. cannot boot system never set admin password

HP Recommended
hp stream 7

never set admin password son doesn't remember operating system.  please help!

error 55182705

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,677 9,521 1,308 3,940
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK that makes more sense now.

Try this code to unlock.

IF that does not work, you will have to reinstall the OS.

Shut down the tablet. Make sure the power cord is plugged in.

Then to access the recovery, press and hold the power button and volume down buttons at the same time until a boot options screen shows up.

F11 is for the HP Recovery option. Follow the prompts.

IF the recovery partition is not available, your son may have upgraded to Windows 10.

If that is the case, let me know.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,677 9,521 1,308 3,940
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Tucker,

Could you be more specific?

What so you mean you never set admin password? Is the system asking for one?

I cannot find anything for that error number.

What operating system was installed when this happened, the original Win 8.1 or Windows 10 upgrade?

Tucker522
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My son uses my hp stream 7 5709. he did not use for a couple months and cmos reset. the tablet has before it even lets bios run, asks for admin password/power on password. after three attempts give disabled system and previously mentioned error code 55182705.  Son cannot remember but pretty sure no windows upgrade. updates he cat remember but probably not

Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,677 9,521 1,308 3,940
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK that makes more sense now.

Try this code to unlock.

IF that does not work, you will have to reinstall the OS.

Shut down the tablet. Make sure the power cord is plugged in.

Then to access the recovery, press and hold the power button and volume down buttons at the same time until a boot options screen shows up.

F11 is for the HP Recovery option. Follow the prompts.

IF the recovery partition is not available, your son may have upgraded to Windows 10.

If that is the case, let me know.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation