Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 8200 Elite USDT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an old HP 8200 Elite USDT that I would like to try to upgrade a bit.

Chipset is Intel Q65 Express / Sandy Bridge.

HP's Product Specs 

• RAM: There are two DDR3 SODIMM slots. The specifications hint at it only supporting up to 2x 4gb (8gb) of RAM. Has anyone tried 2x 8gb (16gb)?
  • Storage: There is a mini PCIe slot for a WLAN/Bluetooth card. Has anyone tried an SSD on this connector? If so, can you boot from it?
  • Storage: Could I replace the HD or slim Optical with M.2's via something like this?
  • USB3: I can't think of a single way to get USB3 hooked up to this desktop. Is there perhaps a device that can replace the slim optical slot with a set of external USB3?
  • MXM / GPU: Supports MXM 3.0, Type-2. What have people tried beyond HP's ATI 5450 that the original system had available? What are some PSU upgrade options to support higher-end cards?

Thanks! Looking to try and reuse this desktop.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.