Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
MT44
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hello Community,

As requested for two customers we have we've setup the HP Device Manager to be usable over NAT (internet). I've setup the protocols and ports as required in the documentation ( http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06382634 ).

The Thin Clients can be seen by the HP Device Manager and you are able to send tasks / jobs to the specified device over the NAT. The only thing is the task will remain in the orange state (sending) and won't turn to the light blue state (processing). But if I switch networks from cable to Wi-Fi or hotspot or vice versa the job will go to the status processing and the device will reboot for example (if that is the task I send to the device).

Also if I keep the Thin Client on the same network / subnet and I restart the agent service on the Thin Client then also the job goes to processing and then it works.

I've looked and googled for a solution for this issue but I wasn't able to find it so I hope I might get the answer here on the forum.

Anyways, thanks in advance!

If more information is required or specific information is required please feel free to ask!

Kind regards,

Roger  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.