Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
T620

Hey, really hoping someone can shed some light on this and see if others have had the same issue.

TL:DR - Can't install VCREDIST2015 due to KB2999226 dependency. I tried installing KB2999226 manually but says it's not applicable for my machine. I am unable to run Windows Update manually on the Thin Client despite running it as admin and no Group Policies in place.  

Currently, the JVDI client cannot run on the Windows Embedded Standard 8 Thin Clients.

Warning: this is bit of an essay but wanted to outline the issues I’ve faced and what I’ve attempted so far. Please try to read the whole email to understand the issue.

Summary of the issue:

The JVDI 12.7 client itself installs without issue and replaces the older VXME 11.7. When testing the telephony services on the Jabber Test delivery group (which has the corresponding JVDI Agent 12.7) the audio will not connect to the Thin Client meaning the JVDI client is not talking to the JVDI Agent in Citrix.

Errors:

When launching a Citrix session, the message: vcruntime140.dll is missing appears

To resolve that, I reinstall Citrix Receiver (I think this is a red herring, but will come back to it). There are no visible errors now when launching Citrix sessions but JVDI is still not working. On the Thin Client I try to manually run the vxc.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco VXME

A new error appears, D3DCOMPILER_47.dll is missing. I download KB4019990-64bit.msu, create a task in HPDM and install it on the Thin Client. I relaunch vxc.exe and get a new error:

api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing

Look up online, I need to install Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 64bit, I package it in HPDM, deploy it to the Thin Client, still doesn’t work. I try manually installing it but get an error, “unspecified”, look through the logs and get:

'"C:\Windows\SysNative\wusa.exe" "C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\3ACBF3890FC9C8A6F3D2155ECF106028E5F55164\packages\Patch\x64\Windows8-RT-KB2999226-x64.msu" /quiet /norestart'
>[03CC:0738][2016-11-02T12:51:39]e000: Error 0x80240017: Failed to execute MSU package.
>[07C0:0594][2016-11-02T12:51:39]e000: Error 0x80240017: Failed to configure per-machine MSU package.
>[07C0:0594][2016-11-02T12:51:39]i319: Applied execute package: Windows8-RT-KB2999226-x64.msu, result: 0x80240017, restart: None
>[07C0:0594][2016-11-02T12:51:39]e000: Error 0x80240017: Failed to execute MSU package.

I manually download KB2999226-x64 and try installing it, it says it’s not applicable to this machine (I’ve tried every version of the MSU just in case)

Others having the same issue: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d58f612f-bcb7-40e9-b1c3-fe68b614a0ff/need-kb2999226-f...

So now, the Thin Client does not have the required DLL’s/Updates needed to run JVDI (hence the original vcruntime140.dll error). I read some articles online that suggest some patches are needed before you can install KB2999226-x64, the patches listed were never for Windows 8 specifically, only 8.1 and Server 2012r2. My last ditch effort was to connect the Thin Client to our external internet connection and attempt updating Windows via Windows Update. I figured that I would fully patch it, test the JVDI, hopefully it would start working, take a note of the patches that installed, grab a fresh Thin Client and start manually installing those patches one by one to see which one’s are required. However, I cannot update windows, it says it has been disabled by the Administrator, I am logged in as the administrator! No local Group Policies are in effect so I am at a loss as to why I cannot update it unless HP restrict the Windows Update service (very possible).

I don’t believe the issue will be on the Windows 10 Thin Clients as they will have these DLL’s already as part of the OS.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.