Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP T630 Thin Client
Microsoft Windows Server 2019

Hi all, 

I am running a test bench of HPDM Console 5.0 on a virtual Windows Server 2019 and HP T630 Thin Clients running HP ThinPro 7.1.0.

I have successfully sent tasks to enable VNC shadowing on the thin clients, and have double confirmed the setting has applied on the clients themselves though the admin control panel.

Whenever I send a task to shadow a device from the server console, it sends, processes, and succeeds. a few seconds later the VNC window pops up in the Windows taskbar, and over the top of the HPDM Console app. I see it come up and show me the default HP logo ThinPro screensaver for 1-2 seconds (even if the thin client itself is not displaying screensaver). After these couple seconds, the VNC window shuts itself down, and the VNC program disappears from the Windows taskbar.

I have tried sending task to update the agent on the clients, which succeeds. I have also tried multiple VNC settings on the clients and through the apply settings task. Sometimes I get a "successful" shadow task and see the window for 2 seconds, other times nothing pops up at all.

Suggestions please? 

Thanks! Nic. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.