Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My headset is detected by windows itself, (Devices: HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset VR3000-0XX) but Steam isn't detecting it at all and in the set up process I can't trace a play area, at all!

Windows Mixed Reality for Steam is installed.

When WMR for Steam is launched from Steam it will start up SteamVR, but SteamVR will say: Headset Not Detected. 

The cables are all connected securely. I'll unplug and replug the USB-C, then (after the confirmation sound) hit Reset Headset in SteamVR= no joy.

The Mixed Reality Portal loads up fine once I plug it in, and I can even see the Cliff House and look around a bit, so the displays work, and the tracking mostly works, but it's very buggy and jittery.  I reached this point only because I cheated my way through the set up process in the WMR setup.

When it says to Center my view the button to press will cut in and out of being active. When I press it when it *is* active WMR Setup will then ask me to determine my floor area, but this will never work. In the tracing process the white marker (my headset) will always and very quickly go to a red marker (indicating it's not picking anything up).  It's like the cameras aren't tracking properly.  So, I chose the sitting setup to get past this part.  It really is very much like the cameras don't work and yet I can look around (somewhat) in the Cliff House.  It will reset it's position every few seconds, but I think this is because I chose the sitting setup.   

I don't see anything through the lens in this part of the setup process either.  Am I supposed to?  I expect to see my loungeroom, but instead I'll see either nothing or the Cliff House.  

I've updated everything and I have a GTX1080 with an Intel i7 cpu.  I have all ticks (except the bluetooth) in the compatibility checklist. 

Right now I regret buying this product and if I can't get past these rather major roadblocks I'll have to get a refund.  The product simply doesn't work.  The tracking of the controllers is terrible even under ideal lighting conditions.   Will that be fixed with the solution to the other issues?  I don't know, but the Valve Index sure is looking like a much safer purchase right now.  

HP, please tell me what I should do to fix this?  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.