Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP reverb G2 VR Headset
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ordered the thing for Flight Simulator and the visual quality is so amazingly bad the product is unusable for the intended purpose (the reviews samples that are online comparing headsets are 20x better than what I am seeing).

My lenses are showing extreme color fringing, and have so much edge blue only the center 5% is sharp enough to read on-screen text. I literally have to move my head around to read lines of text... even the large stuff in the portal. The worst part for me is the shipping box got tossed before I connected the set - so I am stuck with a $600 plastic 'I told you so.'  - unless I can find a suc -- er, buyer -- on eBay who wants one bad enough.

A bit off topic, but speaks to the overall quality of these goggles, and almost as bad, the hand controllers require BlueTooth... lol. Nowhere did I read Bluetooth was a system requirement. So they are DOA as far as I am concerned. I had no plans to use them, but just to see how they operate I'm resorting to a bluetooth USB dongle to see if that will even work. Why all communications isn't handled inside the product since it is a SET, amazes me. A clear product marketing fail. 

HP - charging $600 for something - then use plastic lenses of a quality that is maybe acceptable for a kids toy? Wow. Seriously, I have $5 disposable cameras with plastic lenses that are better than what is supplied with the Reverb G2.

ps: I tried contacting support, yes, I did find a phone number, but navigating the phone tree to find a person was, well, just as bad as the video quality. Their first question was "Do you want to return the product?"  I was calling about making the head sets work ... lol. So I guess I'm not the first for call and complain about the Reverb G2. Anyway - while the tech was 'researching for solutions' the call was disconnected, and even though they asked for a phone number is case of disconnect, they never called back. So, I'd rank their support as I am ranking the Reverb G2: dismal on every point. 

pps: another "G2 is Blurry" thread is marked solved - yet there is no solution offered.  

ppps: HP supposedly knows about the issue, and did a redesign to lessen the blur, but even the "improved lenses" are bad. Support doesn't know about this upgrade, so don't expect them to help you figure out if yours are the "better" batch. Just horrid support on a non-ready for prime  time product.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.