Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion
Microsoft Windows 11

For everyone frustrated with HP 100% disk usage issue, I have an answer, not a question....

After too much troubleshooting, head-scratching, blood-pressure-raising, and implementations of many, many, many suggested fixes for this problem, I finally found it thanks to "Curly" and the HP virtual assistant (surprisingly!). While all other fixes suggested for this issue ARE valid, many of them are suggestions that are common sense (update, disk clean-up, etc), there are quite a few out there that will help if you aren't actually loaded to 100% of your disk... such as disabling windows search indexing, disabling SysMain (Superfetch), turning off hibernate mode, etc. However, after scrolling to the bottom of one of these long winded answers with many, many fix-it steps and suggestions I finally found one of the two best answers... TUNRN OFF HP COOLSENSE. It was amazing. Granted, you will need to by mindful of how hot your unit gets if its in a stationary position, but well worth the minor inconvenience of making sure its properly ventilating.

The second best answer i got straight from HP. 

after running a regular disk clean-up, run a SYSTEM FILE clean-up... It won't happen on the initial scan that happens automatically when you open the App... once it finishes the basic clean-up, a window pops up with results and an option to run a System Scan. Why is this helpful???? Because you are likely storing old windows update files on your computer unnecessarily. Delete all files involving updates and past installations... past installations being the most important (takes up close to 30 GB on my machine!!!!)... you will lose the ability to revert to previous versions of your OS, but who cares. Let the machine breath and run free.

These steps took my usage from 100% to like 5%. 

*worth noting... the HP CoolSense seems to be the culprit of the extra space gobbling, so if you don't have enormous System files on your machine, this alone will be groovy. But the installation files take up HUGE space so will help even if you aren't at 100% usage.

Peace and hope this helps y'all!

-Bkaja 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.