Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-df1045nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is not a question to the community but rather an attempt to share info that reached me through HP support.

So, it has been confirmed by HP Support, where i raised a support issue, that even when you have the original 135W power adaptor connected to the laptop,  if you plug in any thunderbolt devices that supply power to the laptop then the spectre is powered by the thunderbolt device and neglects the connected ac adaptor. There is a power limit of 100W through thunderbolt and therefore the computer reduces performance significantly. This is not reasonable at all and HP should address this issue.

You can verify it easily by installing Intel XTU and observing that the "current/edp limit throttling" kicks in when you connect a thunderbolt device. Or you can just get it verified by raising an issue with HP. Unfortunately they told me that it is like this by design and to not wait for any Bios version upgrades addressing the issue. I am currently on Bios F.23.

I own an HP Spectre x360 - 15-df1045nr and also the HP thunderbolt dock G2 230W combo cable, and also a Razer Core X Chroma.

PS  You can find below one more post about an hp support reply where they confirmed that the laptop works in full power only when you have it in laptop mode and not in any other mode, like stand, presentation or tablet.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Confirmed-by-HP-Spectre-15-quo...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.