Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
15t-dy100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop was pretty much brand new when it started crashing with lines all over the screen out of nowhere. I use it solely for school so there is basically no chance of it being a virus. I checked the Bios and did everything I read on here to fix the issue. One day it wouldn’t turn on completely, no signs of life whatsoever. I sent it to HP and they sent it back saying it was fixed. It turned on but started crashing that very same day. It took me an entire day with HP support to be able to send it back the first time, and I didn’t have that time again before the warranty ran out. So now every time I move the laptop it crashes. I noticed it more when I grab the right upper corner of it. (Edit: it’s everywhere I grab it, just tested this, any pressure anywhere, can type okay though) Sometimes it’s lines randomly, sometimes it’s flashing black and white. Never had a blue screen. I’ve taken proctored exams that it’s crashed on when panning around the room and I just can’t do it anymore. I already spent money on this new, powerful laptop that I would like to utilize, any knowledge or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated by this broke college student, before I trash the laptop and figure out a way to get a new one (idk a personal loan or something?) Thank you for your time! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.