Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is wrong with HP??

I  tired to use the HP Support Assistant to address a problem only to encounter another problem.  So now I have the original problem (posted elsewhere) and a problem with the tool that is supposed to help me address problems.  Turns out that the HPSA doesn't know how to find an active network connection if you have a HyperV virtual network installed.  One reason I bought this laptop is because it came with Windows Pro which provides HyperV.  You need to have the programmer (intern?) that did the HPSA talk with the person who HP network check tool .. it works without difficulty.  I even manually updated the HPSA to v8.3.42.3.

Posted the d*mn code and I'll fix it

---------------
=
Wow! six months and no fix or reply.  Perhaps I can provide additional information that can be passed on to the developer.

Let me make some guesses.  I suspect that you have written this in .NET, maybe C#.  Maybe you are trying to figure out if there is a network interface by doing something like this:

NetworkInterface[] allNetworkInterfaces = NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces();
for (int i = 0; i < allNetworkInterfaces.Length; i++) {
    NetworkInterface networkInterface = allNetworkInterfaces[i];
    if ((networkInterface.OperationalStatus == OperationalStatus.Up)
    &&  (networkInterface.NetworkInterfaceType != NetworkInterfaceType.Loopback)
    &&  (networkInterface.NetworkInterfaceType != NetworkInterfaceType.Tunnel)
    &&  (!networkInterface.Description.ToLower().Contains("virtual")) 
    &&  (!networkInterface.Name.ToLower().Contains("virtual")) 
    &&  (!networkInterface.Description.ToLower().Contains("bluetooth"))) {
        // Hey I must have found something!
        }
    }

This code would be "not good".  Eliminating nics because they have a name or description containing "virtual" means that people with Hyper-V installed are going to have a negative experience.

Perhaps you should consider doing something like this:

var nnnn = from nic in NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces()
           where (nic.OperationalStatus == OperationalStatus.Up)
              && (nic.NetworkInterfaceType != NetworkInterfaceType.Loopback)
              && (nic.NetworkInterfaceType != NetworkInterfaceType.Tunnel)
           let ips = (from ip in nic.GetIPProperties().UnicastAddresses
                      where (ip.Address.AddressFamily == AddressFamily.InterNetwork)
                         && (ip.IsDnsEligible)
                      select ip)
           where ips.Count() > 0
           select nic;    

This gives you a chance of finding nics with a operational IP address without punishing people who want to use Hyper-V.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.