Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17-cb0002na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP with GPU MSI'd with Afterburner using a Kombsutor created curve and Throttlestop to undervolt the Intel i9 so it stays as cool as possible. 21st Nov today so it is cold in UK. I use the laptop to heat the room and I FAH or crunch. The PSU is big enough to use as a foot warmer. GPU is at 89 degrees C and CPU 95 to 97 degrees. I have a 3 yr carepack with 2.5 years left.

I would like comments or views on running the CPU at this temp. The RTX2080 can handle 89C no worries but what about the CPU?

Is it paste or a heat transfer gasket inside? Do I just turn it up to 11 and let the care pack worry about what happens?

I do not touch screws of do anything that I think may cause a dispute with the Care Pack guys n gals. I Dyson the hell out of the fans and vents once a week. It always stays on a wooden box so there proper space for the fans to suck up cool air.

Anyone up for a chat about this?

FAH, help research against Covid19

BOINC-Project Rosetta, help research against Covid19

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.