Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

Just to say ive had to put up with both hinges broken on this marvellous laptop, i say marvellous because as a laptop and its funcionality its an incredible machine and im devastated to be still reading after all these years of hinges breaking on thousands of machines, HP still have not addressed the issue in the manufacture/design, nor it seems addressed the issues or accepted it actually is an issue!, (when you attempt to fix a metal screw in a plastic moulded lump encasing a thread for the screw to be affixed, and that part is close to the fan pushing out the heat from the machine then the weakest part of that is the plastic!, WHICH IS THE BIT THATS BREAKING ALL OVER THE WORLD) there, cant be any plainer than that now can i?

Anyways, i just wanted to say that ive struggled on with my hinges broken now for over 5 years, and now its time to buy a new laptop, ive read as i mentioned that HP have DONE NOTHING to fix the issue so am actively looking to spend my £1500 with another company, if anyone has any suggestions on makes im open to ideas?

Many thanks

Martin

UK

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.