Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 241 G1
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-Bit)

My computer was working perfectly fine I was surfing internet and finished my quickheal purchase(renewal) I opened quickheal to scan the system and realized it was getting really, really slow. So after some raging minutes I forced the shut down holding the power off button for 10 seconds. 

After that when I turned on the laptop the leds are all on but the screen it's black and the underscore sign continues to show on the screen and it won't start up the system. 

I did a quick test and extensive test for hard drive on the HP diagnostics and it appears that the hard drive  passed the test. Even the memory test shows it passed the test. After every test it appears passed.

Any thoughts on how can I solve this without having to go to service center.

Also it appears that the warranty expired.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.