Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I did everything listed and have tried to install Windows 7 Home Premium onto a Pavilion dv6500 CTO with VISTA Home Premium. It loads all the way to the last series where it is installing settings and then I get the blue screen that says "No more IRP stack locations" and then it reinstalls VISTA. Any thoughts? Thanks.
HP Recommended

I own HP Pavilion DV6599ea which I downgraded to XP and worked on XP for more than a year without any problems.I have recently purchased Windows 7 home premium and i have installed it since 3 months. However i have been getting BSOD from time to time (once every month) and they seem to be related to different problems. Please find below the dump files. Can anyone help me with identifying the source of the problems?

http://www.zshare.net/download/715614245aac91ee/

P.S: I have installed all the drivers from this guide

Many thanks

HP Recommended

For what it is worth, I installed Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit 90 day trial version on my dv6000t to see how it would work and it works very well with 2 gig ram and a 2 gig ready boost sd card.   I didn't chase all the drivers, just went to windows update and let windows install all the drivers and everything words great, card reader, quick launch buttons, bluetooth, wireless (which is nice as Vista wireless was a huge headache after Vista SP1 installation, even HP tech couldn't help fix it) etc.  The only two drivers I installed were the intel chip driver which I installed before I let wondows update install it's selected drivers and the HP wireless assistant driver which I installed last. 

HP Recommended

@m_sharp

My experience is the same as yours. Most people over-complicate the Windows 7 install on these 1-3 yr old laptops. Windows 7 has a wealth of drivers builtin and others on the Windows Update site to enable most of the hardware. Chipset is the main one to get installed before running WU. I did on mine have to install HP Wireless Assistant and 'Enable' the Bluetooth before a driver was installed for it.

I have done several experiments with Win 7 installations, using dl'd drivers or letting WU install drivers_both seem to work the same with the exception that the 'WU only' drivers laptop  boots faster.

Your mileage may vary. 🙂

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I know WU has a lot of drivers and it is great, it even has the driver for the HP Webcam I am having trouble with.  I have the WU driver for my cam (HP Webcam).  However, during the day, the cam works fine, but under artificial light, it looks like there is no lights on at all.  When I run the Webcam in Youcam it runs fine.....  Then when I try to run the cam in MSN messenger using Youcam, ti is dark and I cant see a thing.

Even when I set the cam up in MSN messenger it looks fine during setup, but then when I run it live it goes dark.  I don't knwo why and it is really frustrating and it is the only thing that is not working for Windows 7 64 bit.  Same with AIM, it runs like it is in a dark room and all the exposure is turned off.  The only program it works for is Yahoo Messenger.  Why not MSN and AIM.

I just want my cam to work with all my messaging programs, it really important, as I am away from home and my family would like to see me now and then and they use MSN,

HP Recommended

Can someone tell what is this unknown device?Model is dv6-1130sa and I`ve just made a clean install of win 7.On the picture below are shown the drivers I`ve installed.

unknown device.png

HP Recommended

@GiantSizedMe

Hi,

Have Your tried other communicators like Skype?

Try to clean webcam lens maybe this will solve Your problem:

How to Clean the HP Webcam Lens

@jiji_pl

Witam,

Wyglada na to ze jestes Polakiem.

Czy moglbys mi opisac w naszym jezyku w czym jest problem? Nie za bardzo jestem w stanie zrozumiec co chcesz powiedziec. Jezeli do czegos sam doszedles tez o tym napisz.

Pozdrawiam

@billbuckley

Hi,

Are You trying to upgrade Your system or is it clean install?

@Bashar

Hi,

You've got two problems.

Five times You were having BSOD because of drivers installed for 'Beceem BCS200 Mobile WiMAX USB'.

More precisely I may say then BcmBusCtr.sys file from this driver do this problem.

Last BSOD was because of Intel wireless driver. It's hard to say why. There may be 3 possibilities:

1) You haven't got Intel wireless card

I've checked this information and it looks then You've got Intel 4965 wireless. So that's not out problem.

2) There was a conflict between Intel and Beceem drivers.

Uninstal both driver for system.

Resources:

Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Reinstall only Intel driver.

3) Intel driver is for some reason corrupted.

Uninstall and reinstall Intel driver.

Second point will solve this for sure.

I may only say to You then it looks then You've got only one problem.

This problems is Beceem BCS200 Mobile WiMAX USB.

@ivip40

Hi,

You've got other model so Your post should not be in this thread, but I will answer on Your question. You need:

HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection here

To all users. Please don't install this driver. It's not for dv6000/dv9000 models.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Thank you for reply, but unfortunately it has nothing to do with a dirty lense as  I clean my laptop on a regular basis.

I have not tried skype, as I don't use the software.  This is a break down of what happens with each program.

Yahoo messnger - Picture is clear and bright in all light levels and light sources (daylight - artifical light).  The cam works 100% perfect

AIM - The cam runs very dark, like the exposure has been turn completely off under artifical light at night time.  In daylight the cam works fine, although not as clear or bright as in Yahoo messenger.

Live Messenger - Works fine in daylight, also works fine during audio and video setup up procedure.  When live during chat, picture is very dark like the exposure has been turn completely off under artifical light.  With no possible option to address this.  Hp webcam running through the Youcam software in Live Messenger is completely dark during both audio and video setup, as well as, when running live during a chat.

Online webcam chat via Adobe Flash Player Settings - Picture is clear and bright in all light levels and light sources (daylight - artifical light).  The cam works 100% perfect

My laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6910ea and the default setting for the cam after a system restore, is HP Pavilion Webcam, now it says HP Webcam.  When I install HP Pavilion Webcam drivers under Windows 7 64 bit, as soon as the cam is activated I get the blue screen of death.

I would also like the make and model number and all relevant details of the webcam that is installed in my laptop, as I may try to download alternative drivers else where as see if this solves the problem. I know it is not HP recommended, but then most people wouldnt care about that as long as it fixes whats not working.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi again,

I'm not sure that I understand what You are trying to say.

GiantSizedMe wrote

My laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6910ea and the default setting for the cam after a system restore, is HP Pavilion Webcam, now it says HP Webcam.  When I install HP Pavilion Webcam drivers under Windows 7 64 bit, as soon as the cam is activated I get the blue screen of death.

So when You are using now Your webcam You've got BSOD, right?

You are saying that installed some kind of driver for Webcam. Can You post here link to this file?

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I found that these directions did not work for me.

My fingerprint reader was listed in Device Manager under Biometric Devices, not Personal Identification Devices.

The recommended device driver is from 2007 and therefore is clearly made for Windows Vista. Since the OS fingerprint management system has changed dramatically since then it seems inappropriate to recommend that solution.

Despite following the instructions I could never get DigitalPersona to find my fingerprint reader. And, I'm not at all convinced that DigitalPersona is the appropriate solution. Since Windows 7 has biometric support built in it would be best to use a solution that works with it and I saw no sign that DigitalPersona was that program.

In the end I uninstalled the driver and DigitalPersona and let Windows find the AuthenTec driver. Then I used Windows Update to upgrade the driver to the Dec 21, 2009 version. Then I used AuthenTec TrueSuite to set up new fingerprints and everything works. I can finally use my fingerprints to log in again when I resume from standby.

I'm not entirely sure I AuthenTec TrueSuite came from -- whether I had installed it previously or whether it came with the Windows Update. However I recommend letting Windows Update get the correct drivers and then using AuthenTec TrueSuite to manage the fingerprints instead of DigitalPersona.

If there are advantages to DigitalPersona I'd like to hear what they are.

Thanks. I hope this information is helpful.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.