Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp probook 6465b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have a hp probook 6465b laptop and i would like to get the biometric sensor to work onit. it does not have one now and i got 2 from ebay and they are said to be for this laptop but this laptop will not find either one. one of them will work on the hp probook 6470b and one will not, so at least one does work. the pro book 6470b tells me the sensor is a synaptic fp sensor wbf pid=003d . and that is the same for both sensors.

i tried going to hp for a driver and could not find them i expect i need  a driver for either sensor or even both of them 

this one worked on the 6470b laptop   6042b0184001 HP ProBook 6475b/Elitebook 8470p finger reader w Cable

this one did not work on any of the 3 laptops. 2 are hp pro books 6470b laptops and one is the 6465b laptop

so does anyone have any ideas what i might do to get the 642764-001 HP Fingerprint Reader Board for EliteBook 8460b Notebook   to work on my pro book 6465b laptop ? thanks for any ideas. bp.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.