Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C309a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printing from any application only prints in gray-scale. (This was preceded by a period of only applying magenta to color parts of a doc, then a period of only applying cyan to the color parts.  I replaced a yellow cartridge [it was low but not out] at the point of switch from magenta-only to cyan only for colored parts.) I recently had to change the "photo" cartridge which changed color printing to gray-scale.

OTHER SYMPTOMS:

1. I can make color copies with reasonable accuracy (hue and saturation).
  2. The "Clean Printheads" and its follow-on "deep clean" option give a few lines at the top of their respective pages of black and nothing else.
  3. "Align Printheads" print all the color patches in the bar at the top of the page and color in the birds at the bottom of the page but only show black, gray ("Photo"?) and cyan in the bars  and boxes on the rest of the page. Where color prints on this page it is less saturated than what I recall from previous alignments.

The printhead was replaced a few years ago when a manual cleaning did not allow the printer to print in color, but that was to solve no color in ANYTHING including copies, test pages alignment or cleaning pages etc.

I have NOT run a factory reset yet, but there have been numerous power-down/up cycles which have no effect.

Any ideas?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.