Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP PageWide Pro 477dw MFP

Hi,

scan to email is working. But the file name of the produced scan under "Scan>Scan to email>Email options" which is handled as email attachment can not be altered by the drop down menu. None of the options are accepted.

2020-09-14_15-42-13_hp-pagewide_scan2mail_filename-error.jpg

I have the same printer setup working with this option. However,  I did try to change the setting on the working printer and it was not accepted(reddish view). The working printer is older and the firmware was update several times.

Additional information:

* Firmware MAVEDWPP1N001.2012A.00 / Build 2020-03-19 on both printers

* Setup with export settings from old to new, after initial setup

* OS used to access EWS - Mac & Windows

* same error with EWS language set to DE & EN

----

Any solutions or ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks for your time

----

edit: my screenshot of EWS does not show; I will try to upload it again

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.