Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ever since I installed the latest update to my printer the Tri-colour ink cartridge has not been working at all, it was working fine and then all of a sudden I began to receive messages saying there was an ink cartridge error and to reinstall it. I did as it said and even received help from an HP agent on Whatsapp about my issue but I still couldn't resolve it. I left it and assumed that it was because it was really low on ink and I would receive a new cartridge soon as I am on the instant ink plan. 

So, I waited, and my ink arrived today, only to receive a new error message when installed which now reads 'The indicated cartridges are not intended for use in this printer'. I honestly don't know what to do - it's a completely new cartridge so I know it is not faulty; I have tried hard resets and everything else but nothing works! At this point, I am very frustrated with the lack of contact from HP and the fact that I have now had this issue unresolved for about a month. 

If anyone can help at all I would really appreciate it,

Victoria 

Again for reference:

I am on an instant ink plan, the ink cartridges I am speaking of were sent to me on this plan. 

Printer: HP Envy 4520 or 4527

Error Message: Incompatible Ink Cartridge

Cartridges: Both say 63/302 on them but only the black one works. 

This all started when I updated the printer about 1 month ago. In my mind - it was this update which has caused the issues, I had not touched the Tri-Colour cartridge since I had installed it, yet after the update, it has not been working. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.