cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MRH
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Can`t Use Recovery Function after a Installalation of Windows 7

HP Recommended

Hi,

I Installed Windows 7 on my Laptop.

HP Pavilion dv5 1110eg

After doing that, i wanted to remove it with the Recovery Tool (dont ask my why).

But when i want to start the Recovery Manager (esc -> F11) its starts Windows instead of the Backup Partition.

I do have Read Acsess thrue Linux-Live DVD`s but i can not start the Backup Partition!

I formated my Main Partition in the hope that Bios Loads the Recovery Partition, but it didn`t.

So my mommentary Situation is:

- No Operating System

- No Acsess to the Recovery Function

Could anyone help me?

Edit:

I Forgot to say, that i do not have a Recovery CD, because i baught the Laptop on E-Bay and the last Owner  allready burned one of the 2 Discs. And i didn`t have any Chance to burn the First CD ....

MRH 

Message Edited by MRH on 09-26-2009 11:01 AM
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Rakhmad
Level 9
2,817 2,815 115 662
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you still have working recovery partition, try make it as active partition, hopefully it still work.

You can search linux or DOS tools to make it active or install back Win7 in C then use computer management to make D (recovery partition) as active, rebort without pressing F11, it will run system recovery automatically.

Choose factory install setting and wait untill it finish. As soon as it finish make your own recovery disks.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
0 Kudos
MRH
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok thanks for the Reply.

I will try that

Edit:

Thanks a lot!

Worked perfect 🙂

Message Edited by MRH on 09-26-2009 03:30 PM
Rakhmad
Level 9
2,817 2,815 115 662
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you (with Kudos) for reporting back.

Glad I can help you.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
0 Kudos
mina_s_dino
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I Installed Windows 7 on my Laptop.

HP Pavilion dv5 1110eg

After doing that, i wanted to remove it with the Recovery Tool (dont ask my why).

But when i want to start the Recovery Manager (esc -> F11) its starts Windows instead of the Backup Partition. recovery error

0 Kudos
t21garg
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how to format my laptop if my recovery cd is not working and f10 f11 option is also not working and the solution you wrote is also not working

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation