cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mploc
Level 2
22 20 0 0
Message 1 of 17
Flag Post

Problem with Updated Webcam Software for Windows 7 (I AM NOT USING THE BETA VERSION OF WINDOWS 7)

HP Recommended
I have a dv5-1235dx.  HP posted new software for Win 7 (64) built in camera software.  The install seemed to go fine, but once you click to run the software, nothing happens, so it seems.  About a minute or so later, the application opens.  Why is it taking so long to open.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times and the problem still exist.  I have tried to go back to the old vista version of the software (running in cap mode), but now that software takes a long time to load.  I have done a restore, with no affect.  What happened?  Note:  I am using the full retail version, not a beta of Win 7 Ultimate.  None of the other Updated HP software has this problem.  HP won't help because Windows is not officially released yet.
16 REPLIES 16
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,832 772 4,465
Message 2 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Cyberlink YouCam Version: 2.0.2816 here

If You have any software installed for webcam uninstall it first before installation of this software.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mploc
Author
Level 2
22 20 0 0
Message 3 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Why should I use that as opposed to what was posted for my pc model (HP MediaSmart Webcam v.3.0A)?  By the way, I tried You cam, don't know if it was that version, but it does the same.  Takes along time to open up.  The only difference is you get the You Cam logo so you know its doing something.  Also just went to YouCam's site and the latest verison for windows 7 is 3.  From the pictures of the app, it lookes just like (HP MediaSmart Webcam v3.0A) which I trying to get up and running.
Message Edited by mploc on 10-16-2009 01:55 PM
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,832 772 4,465
Message 4 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First rule try.

Second rule comment.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
mploc
Author
Level 2
22 20 0 0
Message 5 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Tried, same result.
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,832 772 4,465
Message 6 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended
HP MediaSmart Webcam here
Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 10-17-2009 03:03 AM

mploc
Author
Level 2
22 20 0 0
Message 7 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Isn't that the version I'M talking about?
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,832 772 4,465
Message 8 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It's not 3.0A. Try it.

mploc
Author
Level 2
22 20 0 0
Message 9 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm on my cell right now so I can only see the softpak number, which looks familiar to me. What version is it?
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,832 772 4,465
Message 10 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Now it's 2.20 B2. Link changed.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation