cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tomasello
Level 1
2 1 0 4
Message 1 of 20
Flag Post

Problem with Windows 7 Upgrade Program

HP Recommended

When I go to the website to place my order and I enter my product ID the site tells me it can't find it.

I just bought my laptop at bestbuy June 26th, it's a brand new model. HP Pavillion dv3510nr.

It mets all the eligibility requirements so what am I doing wrong???

Thanks

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
chajun
Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 2 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Your probably trying to get something that microsoft/hp don't want you to have. I think the upgrade program is very unfair. I bought a new CQ60 EN laptop end of March with just the very basic Vista So I can't get an upgrade "not on " I don't think!
0 Kudos
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 3 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tomasello,

Hi,

Here is link to site for Your model.

How to find it on Your own? Informations below.

1. Click on Support & Drivers link. (Upper part of this page.)

2. Choose option: Download drivers and software (and firmware)

3. In form:

Enter a product name / number

For product

provide Your p/n number. (How to find correct p/n informations here.)

4. Click on Go and choose Your correct system.

5. If You don't want to do this on and on just add this link to Your favourites links in Your browser.

If You want to check is You model on this list of Windows 7 upgrade program check this link. Click there on Your country and choose bottom Eligible Models.

Not only date of buying is imortant also important is which model You got.

I'm not HP employee. I'm just trying to make Your life easier and solve Your problems.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
chajun
Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 4 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This promotion ids totally unfair. The store where I purchased my laptop were not informed about the promotion until the evening of the 25th June.  Thus it meant that they were selling laptops that could not benefit from the promotion.

Very customer friendly I don't think!

Any comments HP or Microsoft?

0 Kudos
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 5 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Infomrmations about it were on our forum since may I think and some precisely informations since 06-07-2009 05:59 PM.

Check Kalt comment here and also HP open statememnt about Windows 7 here.

Don't expect then sales assisntant will tell You all information they just want to sell products.

Remember also then Windows 7 will be released on Oct. 22. 

So informations about this promotion came very early and many customers will have a chance to use this program.

I'm not HP employee. I'm just trying to make Your life easier and solve Your problems.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
chajun
Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 6 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Sorry but I still feel that this is an underhanded way of working. Especially as anyone with the vista basic isn't eligible
0 Kudos
samschilling
Level 6
524 517 11 54
Message 7 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended
That's because computers running vista basic do not meet the hardware requirements for Windows 7, most likely.
0 Kudos
JoeB2
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You need to use the Product number.

Product Name dv3510nr Product Number FR994UA#ABA
0 Kudos
bcsurvivor
5 5 0 0
Message 9 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I got my dv71135nr a couple of months ago.  It came pre-installed with "Vista",  I went to the Windows 7 website, downloaded and installed the beta version.  The first day the option to pre-purchase the Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade became available.  I purchased.  I don't know if you are trying to purchase the software from a Vista version or not, but you have to have the beta installed in order to get the $49.99 pre-purchase deal.  The Pro version isn't offered for the pre-purchase deal.

Hope this somehow helped.

bcsurvivor  :womanvery-happy:

0 Kudos
virus86
Level 3
46 36 2 2
Message 10 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I ordered a DV3T from the HP website on 6/26 and it shipped 7/6, so it should be covered by the program. I tried ordering my kit today and it says I have an invalid product number. I entered exactly what is on the sticker on the bottom of my laptop. It doesnt have the "#ABA" as the sample. Even if I add it to the product number, it is still invalid. Has anyone have this problem with a dv3t?
------------------------
GO GATORS
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation