cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
brossj54
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Problems submitting proof of purchase for Windows 7 upgrade

HP Recommended
I went through the whole procedure including paying the shipping and handling and got a screen about submitting my proof of purchase, but I didn't have my printer connected yet so didn't print it.  They were supposed to send an e-mail but I never got it.  Therefore, I don't have an order number to submit to the check order status screen.  The sites are full of misinformation.  One says that I can enter my serial number (it doesn't work); another makes you select from a list of countries that does not include the United States or Canada.  So, where do I send this proof of purchase (I have to use snail mail), and how do I make sure they know it goes with my order?
Message Edited by brossj54 on 10-14-2009 04:53 PM
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Kalt
Level 12
4,535 4,501 384 1,083
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
D592
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I see things have not changed as far as dealing with Arvato Digital is concerned!!!

We purchased our desk top HP on 09/02/09. Model # p6112p-b   ABA, serial #3CR9270KGN,

loaded  with vista home premium.  Using their protocol for ordering the Windows 7

upgrade has been to say the least SNAFU. We faxed the cover sheet and proof of

purchase to them and they acknowledged receipt. Two weeks went by and nothing.

E-mailed them and received a response that they had no record of our fax? They

wanted a second fax. We faxed them again. They acknowledged receipt. We waited.

Still nothing. E-mailed them again and got a little abrasive by rubbing their noses in

the fact that they receipted for our faxes. Requested a reply. Nada,zip. Bada bing,

bada bang. Went to the HP website and sent an E-mail to the BOD and their unfair

business operations page. Mentioned fraud either by HP or Arvato. Wonder if

a reply will be forth coming. Me thinks not. Have used HP for many years. Good

stuff. Someone is screwing the pooch.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation