cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
okz00k
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Quick Touch generates error "Failed while getting Treble and/or Bass level" on HDX9004TX

HP Recommended

After installing SP33777 and SP44777 on HDX9004 with release version of Windows 7 Ultimate (64) touch panel works, execpt when I change volume or touch the Treble/Bass control the following message is generated "Failed while getting Treble and/or Bass level"

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
tyranny4u
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm having the exact same problem on an HDX9000T.  Any ideas anyone?
0 Kudos
AshRiot
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, I'm having the same problem as well. Anyone know of any solutions or have any idea? Thanks!

0 Kudos
kacior
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. Additionally it also happens when I use the volume buttons on my "Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000". It is a series of messages and when I click OK on the last alert a new one appears... The only way to get rid of them is to terminate the process of HPKBDAPP.exe 

This is a very irritating problem and needs a solution fast.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with the corresponding Vista x64 drivers for my HP Pavilion HDX9130EO.

0 Kudos
tyranny4u
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks to someone named “zipek_dg” on this thread:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=169232&page=840

I finally got it working! 

Here are the steps:

1.  Download this version of Quicklaunch (which I think is the latest): ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46001-46500/sp46167.exe
  2. Download this version of the HP Sigma Tel Audio Driver (I tried a later version and it didn’t work): ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp40001-40500/sp40438.exe
  3. Unpack sp40438 (you’ll need to use Winzip or Winrar to do that OR you could start the installation by double clicking on it and cancelling after it after it unpacks)
  4. Disconnect from the internet (I don’t know if this is necessary, but the other post stressed that it was; I guess so that Windows doesn’t try to download or install any drivers before you get finished)
  5. Uninstall your current IDT Audio Driver, but don’t restart the computer. 
  6. Find the folder where sp40438 unpacked (if you used winzip or winrar, you’ll know where that is, if the program unpacked itself the default location is C:\swsetup\SP40438)
  7. Fine every exe file inside that folder (including “setup.exe) and all of the subfolders and change the compatibility to Windows Vista (right click, select properties, select the compatibility tab, check the box for “run the program in compatibility mode for”, and select “Windows Vista”).
  8. Run setup.exe and let it finish (it will ask you to restart; go ahead and let it). 
  9. Run sp46167 and restart your computer

Your volume, bass, and treble buttons should now work (mind do!).  The eject button still doesn’t work, but everything else does so I think I’ll live without the eject button. 

0 Kudos
voitek
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

well - it didn't work for me

0 Kudos
Phoenixgrs
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This Worked For Me. Eject button aslo worked. Thanks!!

I would like to add

8a. go to add remove programs, Uninstall Quick lunch. Restart computer

8b. right click on sp46467, change the compatibility to Windows Vista (right click, select properties, select the compatibility tab, check the box for “run the program in compatibility mode for”, and select “Windows Vista”).

Continue with the rest of the directions.

Thanks for everyones help.

0 Kudos
Denisi007
5 5 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Go On HP Support and Drivers for UK, for u i think then click on Driver (2)  it should say IDT .....

Install that and restart.

Hopefully Happy Days :generic:

0 Kudos
avangart
5 5 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

check control panel / sound.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation