Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-18-2009 05:45 PM
After installing SP33777 and SP44777 on HDX9004 with release version of Windows 7 Ultimate (64) touch panel works, execpt when I change volume or touch the Treble/Bass control the following message is generated "Failed while getting Treble and/or Bass level"
Any clues would be greatly appreciated.
03-09-2010 02:15 PM - edited 03-09-2010 02:20 PM
I am having the same problem. Additionally it also happens when I use the volume buttons on my "Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000". It is a series of messages and when I click OK on the last alert a new one appears... The only way to get rid of them is to terminate the process of HPKBDAPP.exe
This is a very irritating problem and needs a solution fast.
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with the corresponding Vista x64 drivers for my HP Pavilion HDX9130EO.
03-14-2010 03:01 AM
Thanks to someone named “zipek_dg” on this thread:
I finally got it working!
Here are the steps:
- Download this version of Quicklaunch (which I think is the latest): ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46001-46500/sp46167.exe
- Download this version of the HP Sigma Tel Audio Driver (I tried a later version and it didn’t work): ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp40001-40500/sp40438.exe
- Unpack sp40438 (you’ll need to use Winzip or Winrar to do that OR you could start the installation by double clicking on it and cancelling after it after it unpacks)
- Disconnect from the internet (I don’t know if this is necessary, but the other post stressed that it was; I guess so that Windows doesn’t try to download or install any drivers before you get finished)
- Uninstall your current IDT Audio Driver, but don’t restart the computer.
- Find the folder where sp40438 unpacked (if you used winzip or winrar, you’ll know where that is, if the program unpacked itself the default location is C:\swsetup\SP40438)
- Fine every exe file inside that folder (including “setup.exe) and all of the subfolders and change the compatibility to Windows Vista (right click, select properties, select the compatibility tab, check the box for “run the program in compatibility mode for”, and select “Windows Vista”).
- Run setup.exe and let it finish (it will ask you to restart; go ahead and let it).
- Run sp46167 and restart your computer
Your volume, bass, and treble buttons should now work (mind do!). The eject button still doesn’t work, but everything else does so I think I’ll live without the eject button.
01-30-2012 07:30 PM
This Worked For Me. Eject button aslo worked. Thanks!!
I would like to add
8a. go to add remove programs, Uninstall Quick lunch. Restart computer
8b. right click on sp46467, change the compatibility to Windows Vista (right click, select properties, select the compatibility tab, check the box for “run the program in compatibility mode for”, and select “Windows Vista”).
Continue with the rest of the directions.
Thanks for everyones help.