cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LesD
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Scans right first time in Windows 7 RC with my C5280.

HP Recommended

Hi Folks,

Having posed the question elsewhere, "Is there a workround for the fact that the hp installation utility for my hp 5280 aborts because it says that the Windows 7 RC OS is not recognised?" I found that the best solution to get my hp C5280 working with Windows 7 was to abandon the hp software altogether and use Microsoft's Fax & Scan (MS F&S) program instead. Windows 7 RC has the necessary drivers that it installs as soon as the USB cable from the C5280 is plugged in and MS F&S provided a scan straight away at the first time of trying. :manvery-happy:

Having been a long time sufferer with the hp installation software sticking at 96% done that is well documented elsewhere this was like a breath of fresh air!  :manhappy:

I have need to scan to PDF on occasions so I also installed the free version of PDFreDirect and used it as a pseudo printer to make a PDF document from the scans I obtained with MS F&S. So for jpeg, pdf and some other formats that I don't have much use for MS F&S is perfect.

I have it on good authority that this is equally true in versions of MS Vista that include MS F&S and provides a much better far less bloated interface to the C5280 that the indigenous software that hp provides.  :Wink:

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
LesD
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I see that at last HP has announced Windows 7 device support here:

http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/win7web/printer-support/us/en/photosmart.html

It is little too late for me, however, as I shall be sticking with Microsoft Fax & Scan. I do in fact like this interface much more than the HP offering so there is no decision for me to make. As I said above used with the free version of PDFreDirect it is all I need.  :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation