We have almost the same situation. PC is a new Lenovo ThinkCentre, Windows 7 64 bit. The printer is the same. Exact same error shows when attempting to print from Windows Live Mail. Don't know yet what happens when trying to print from Word, but print is successful from a third party DOS program.
The issue is caused when Windows creates the printer profile in the control panel that it doesn't correctly create it with the drivers.
We're not going to completely uninstall all the HP software, instead we're going to remove the corrupt Windows printer profile and reinstall it. Total time for this on an average computer is about 5-10 minutes to completely repair (including reboot).
1) Navigate to Start Menu > Devices and Printers or Start Menu > Control Panel > Printers
2) Select each printer profile for the printer with an issue, then select remove device/printer.
4) Navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > HP > insert model # here > Add Printer (or Setup Wizard)
5) Follow the setup prompts to reinstall the printer profile and it recreates the Windows printer.
6) Run the HP Update Tool from Start Menu > All Programs > HP if your printer installs it, rebooting afterwards if necessary.
7) Test by printing google.com (uses very little ink when the test page comes out).
Let me know if you have any questions or issues.
I work for an internation tech company and personally perform thousands of computer repairs a year. I'm based out of the US working for a US company, and have been working on computers for over 13 years.
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks**** ****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****