cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
johnp51
3 3 0 0
Message 81 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I got an email from Arvato.  They told me to attach a copy of the sales invoice as a jpg to a reply to the email they sent me.   I thought all was resolved except two hours after I did this they (Arvato) sent me another email  kind of telling me to either upload the proof of purchase or fax the cover letter.  I'm confused at this point.   At least I got their fax cover letter printed out before they took the upload down for "system mtce".   i think i better mail the dang thing to them in california with delivery confirmation so i dont get stuck having to pay for windows 7.
John P.
0 Kudos
MikehAus
Level 1
5 4 1 2
Message 82 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm applying via the Asia-pacific site and they want a receipt showing the PC Serial number - but the computer-printed Receipt from a major retail chain doesn't have the Serial Number !

Does the US upgrade process demand the serial Number on the Receipt ?

0 Kudos
johnp51
3 3 0 0
Message 83 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended
As I recall I first placed the order and was assigned an order number.   I think in the US the order number from Arvato is required to be on the copy of the sales receipt/invoice.   I sent them a jpg of the serial number from the barcode on packing box and it was rejected.
John P.
0 Kudos
Chucker
Level 3
42 35 0 5
Message 84 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Arvato was not ready for the stampeed of people wanting to get the windows 7 free upgrade. This e-mail reply is what I received when I asked when we can expect the site to be running again.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Windows7 Upgrade Program. .

This is in response to your email dated August 14th,2009 regarding the scheduled maintenance.

Please be advised that there is no exact time when the schedule maintenance be completed for there are so many customers trying to place an order for a free Windows7 Upgrade Program which is so renow.

We apologized for the inconvenience on this matter. If you need assistance in the near future regarding the order kit, please do not hesitate to give us a call .

Thank you,

Maria

Windows 7 Upgrade Program Customer Care

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Message Edited by Chucker on 08-15-2009 04:53 PM
Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
(C. S. Lewis)
0 Kudos
Chucker
Level 3
42 35 0 5
Message 85 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'd like to add that e-mail is the best way to communicate with Arvato (in my opinion) because when you call them on the phone you are on hold for a long, long time. Then when someone answers they try to hurry you up and get you off and out of the way.
(C. S. Lewis)
0 Kudos
damelo
Level 2
21 21 0 1
Message 86 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I still am unable to get an answer about the free Upgrade to Windows & from Arvato.I have sent emails , called on the phoneand entered my information about 25 times in the last month and still get the same message:

We are sorry for the inconvenience.
The web site is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance. Please try to access the site again later.
If you require additional support, please contact our customer care team using the information below. Your comments are important to us and we will address your concerns as quickly as possible.
Email: hpupgrade@arvatousa.com
* A response will be provided within one business day
Phone (U.S. and Canada): 1-877-280-2279
* Support available Monday through Friday 10AM-10PM and Saturday 12PM-4:30PM (Eastern time)

© 2009 arvato digital services llc. All rights reserved. 

This is the response to my last email from 8/11/09:

Dear XXX,

Thank you for sending your email regarding the Windows 7 Upgrade Program.

Please be advised that we already received the information that we required for the verification of the unit serial/product number. Please be informed that this information will be escalated to our website support department for verification. you will be notified within 5 business days through phone/email regarding to the availability of the unit for order.

Possible reasons that some customers cant place the order online even if the unit is qualified to sign out for the Windows 7 upgrade is the sytem is not yet updated and could not recognize the unit product number.

Thank you for contacting us. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards, Moses Windows 7 Upgrade Program Customer Care
Thank you for contacting us. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

Moses
Windows 7 Upgrade Program Customer Care
I have sent the same email again today and see what  happens! The person I talked with on the phone twice two weeks ago was no help either (Skip).
HP should provide better customer service...I didn't have alll this trouble with Dell!
0 Kudos
Chucker
Level 3
42 35 0 5
Message 87 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Arvato has had that "Scheduled Maintenance " message up for 10 days, what an outfit eh?

And I agree, HP should be a little more helpful in this area, maybe by sending a tech support person over to Arvato and help them get that maintenance done.

I did however get an e-mail from Arvato that said:

Good day.

This is to give you an update regarding the issue that you are getting in placing your order.

I would like to let you know that we are working to take out your current order from our list for you to re-place the order. I apologize for any inconvenience. You will be contacted as soon as we have fixed this issue for you.

I appreciate your patience and let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you,

Mikki

Windows 7 Upgrade Program Escalations Team

That was as of Monday the 17th

(C. S. Lewis)
0 Kudos
eClaire
Level 4
69 67 2 15
Message 88 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended
damelo - investigating about your commercial MicroTower dx7500 PC to get a clear answer for you.   Will keep you posted.
Message Edited by eClaire on 08-21-2009 08:03 AM
HP employee who is speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
eClaire
Level 4
69 67 2 15
Message 89 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

chucker - your situation was an inability to upload a proof of purchase which gave you odd system messages (different than damelo's situation where the product # could not be validated by the ordering site).  

Your uploading issue did get attention and is understood.  It will be solved soon and I'll let you know when you can successfully retry to upload your proof of purchase.  

eClaire
Level 4
69 67 2 15
Message 90 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

johnp51 - seems these errors are being seen when uploading a proof of purchase occurs after an order has been rejected the first time.  will give you the signal when this issue has been resolved so you can try again, this time successfully. 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation